Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hey YOU! It's been 511 days!!

Hey YOU!!!
Amazing how much time has gone by when you sit down and really think about it. It seems like yesterday that we were going through all the intoxicating feelings of “the beginning:” the excitement, the fun, and those “I can’t get enough.” Since, we have also experienced the tough conversations, the tears, the sharing of doubts, and even the “I just need a moment alone.” And yet, here we stand--firm, solid--knowing that it takes work, it takes intention and it takes being real. It takes pushing aside our busy schedules and just being with one another. It takes making the time to get uncomfortable and starting those deep conversations, to work through our differences and to find that same page. It takes making the time to pause and have fun together. It takes making the time to share the “real stuff” of life, the beautiful and the ugly. And it takes making the time to laugh until we cry, and to be silly and carefree. It’s taking the time to challenge one another, to hold one another accountable and to strive for the best. It’s love. It’s work. It’s fun. It’s a blessing. And now, 511 days into it, I am enamored as much as I was on day one. I am loved. I am having fun. I am being pushed. And I am blessed . . . blessed by sharing my life with you. You are loved. You are fun. You are a blessing—a blessing that I have been and will continue to be thankful for each and every day. A crush that is worth another 511 days of work, of intention, of fun, of silliness, of challenge, and of leaning into the greatest blessing God has poured into my life.
Love,
ME

1 comment:

  1. And you two have been a blessing to me. God is using you guys. Keep running the good race.

    ReplyDelete