Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 New Year's Challenge

I'm going to try a thing. This blog gets pretty boring when I am the only one involved. It's a known fact that you guys are more cute, so I thought I'd take a stab at organizing a New Year's activity for my "blog reading family."

 Here's how it works:

1. Agree to get in the fun. Feel free to leave a comment letting me know that I'm crazy to think that you might actually get involved, but you do know I'll hide around the dark side of the house and jump out and scare you if you don't say yes.

2. Eagerly engage in the pre-designed monthly activities. I'll try to post stories of my experiences and hurdles that will undoubtedly arise, and you can leave comments and share your tribulations as well. Fear not folks, these challenges do not accumulate throughout the year (unless, of course, you want them to, you little go getter, you.)

3. Smile. It's gonna be a fun ride.


January.
Eat one salad a day

February.
Mail one note per week to 4 separate people
telling them why you love them.

March.
Skip Eating Out this month.

April. 
When you go out to eat and celebrate March's success,
anonymously pick up another table's tab.

May.  
Go Caffeine Free

June.  
No TV and/or No FB

July.   
Drink 8 cups of water daily.

August.
Contact your local YMCA and register to volunteer for Bright Beginnings 2013.
And bring a friend.

September.
Go on a walk or a bike ride
at least 3 nights after work.

October.
Bundle up and enjoy a bonfire
with at least 4 other friends, underneath a starry sky.

November.
Take lunch to a homeless friend.
And if you have the time, eat lunch with them.
(They usually have some remarkable stories)

December.
Enjoy one dinner date a week.


FAQ's
1. Hello?!! I am planning Kim Kardashian's baby shower in May, and caffeine is the only way I will survive. What do I do?
In my opinion, babies are the best! If you want to switch the monthly activities around, do it. But only for babies.

2. Ugh. One salad/day? You're being crazy. Why?
First, I made these activities for myself, obviously. These are things I have enjoyed in the past or have wanted to do. If you don't like my ideas, don't tell me because I will cry myself to sleep choose something else that works better for you and/or your schedule. And secondly, I am late in posting this, so lose the 'tude, if you start now, you won't be eating a salad per day for the entire month of January! Just sayin'


3. How am I going to find a hot dinner date weekly?
I can only recommend that you adopt my fail-proof strategy. Approach your dream woman/man and make her/him laugh until she/he cries. Then, show her/him photographs from your childhood so that she/he knows that you have a history of being cute. Then date her/him.

4. What if I give up? Will you still hide in the dark and scare me?
No. But you will start getting photos of silly faces sent to your house. Sorry, Consequences.

5. I have 19 kids (and counting), and it's impossible to do all these activities. How do I still show you my love?
Consider just participating in one or two. Or not. Whatever. I'll know you love me every time you send me a text telling me so.

Disclaimer: Consult your physician before making any diet or exercise changes.
Consult my blog  for advice related to pop and lock dance moves things that don't really matter much.

No comments:

Post a Comment