Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Ramblings!

I wish I didn't take moments like stopping and sitting to eat dinner around the kitchen table, from which, outpours conversations of past hurts, changed lives and God's goodness for granted as much as I do.

Sometimes coming home, turning off phones and disconnecting from the world is good for the soul.

I am heading to October Fest in the small town of Victoria, VA soon. I am excited to visit with my mom and Larry and grandparents, and aunts and uncles and cousins and my little brother! (And I will get to see my dog too!)It’s been too long and I’ve missed these folks!










Stepping out of your comfort zone and encircling a table of women you highly esteem and barely know and sharing in laughter and the questions of getting to you know can be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Pulling out pictures of nieces and nephews and beaming with pride with another proud "auntie" is so much fun.

"But nothing on this earth is guaranteed, when you get right down to it, you know? I've been thinking about that. About how your kids aren't really YOURS, they're just these people that you try to keep an eye on, and hope you'll all grow up someday to like each other and still be in one piece. What I mean is everything you get is really just on loan. Does that make sense?" "Sure," I said, "Like library books. Sooner or later they've all got to go back into the night drop."

There are times when you just have to cut loose and act silly. I am thankful for these moments!!

















I am hoping that some dreams don't come true. If so, then I am in trouble and will need help to offer care to the infant, the toddler, and the preschooler boys that will find their way onto our front porch.

The unexpected words and gifts that find their way into your mail box on just the day you needed to hear them and needed the reminder that you are loved, are nothing less than our God sending a big huge hug and wet kiss to show us His amazing love.

Sometimes you just know that you are exactly where God needs you to be. Life isn't perfect or devoid of problems. It is just a place where peace and joy abound like no other.

The 3:30am mornings where you find yourself wide awake and out of bed, leaning into Psalm 46:10 are the most precious moments.

The hotel for my annual NYC trip in January is booked. Super excited!! Now, what shows are a must see???















Sometimes the tough questions and uncomfortable topics are the doorways that lead to belly laughter and open communication. Walk through them.

"Love weighs nothing."

Happy Tuesday Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment