Thursday, April 26, 2012

Random Thursday Ramblings

* I recently learned that when you go hiking . . .you should bring a map (and snacks and water while you are at it!) I ventured up to Mt. Pleasant, 2 hours West of Powhatan. I figured we could just hop out of the car, go for a nice hike (2 hours or so) and make it back into town to visit the ROC. I had been to that trail before, but because of unexpected snow and a vehicle that wouldn't make it up the mountain to the beginning of the path. . . truthfully, had no idea what I was doing. (I will admit this now, that we are safe and sound) But in my "I can do it all" fashion, I was thinking how hard could it be! HA. 5.5 hours later and after about 30 minutes having no clue where we were or the car for that matter . . . I am thinking next time I go hiking somewhere that have multiple trails and unfamiliar terrain . . . a map, snacks and water is probably the smart way to play it!

* Jeremiah 31:3-4 "The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying; "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful." Perhaps tonight, the kitchen will turn into a dance floor of praise!!

* I hate cancer. (My prayers are with you, Schardt family!)

* I knew that being an aunt would be fun, but I really underestimated how much that baby girl would steal my heart. She was my buddy at the beach. She lives 5 hours away and I don't see her nearly enough. I got tons of great pictures and videos that captured how fast she is growing up this past weekend, and quite a few that shows her spunk (I am one proud auntie) but none of that comes close to holding her in my arms and stealing her kisses. I miss the bug today.

* I have also learned that when you go to the beach, regardless how beautiful the sunny but cool April day may be, you should wear sunscreen. And I know this--I do. I could also make up a cute little story as to why I forgot to put some on, but there isn't one. I forgot. I got burnt. And now, half of my face is falling off. Flattering, I know! Where sunscreen kids!

* Only 16 more days until the Dominican Republic!!

* I'm glad that in the past I have rarely used the phone. I have accumulated an absurd amount of roll over minutes . . . .they are now coming in handy!

* People are messy, relationships are messy . . . but looking back over the last 2 weeks at conversations, at laughs, at tears, at conflict, and at sharing new adventures with the people in my life. Messy or not, I am truly blessed and have some incredible folks to walk this life with. I might not always love them well or communicate how vital they are to me, but amidst the mess that I can be at times, nevertheless I hope they know they aren't taken for granted.

* I'm calling it a day. Good bye office. Hello perfect evening at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment