Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"... As for you . . . . a harvest is appointed."

I was able to steal three days away this past weekend to dig my feet into the cold sand, to hear the waves crashing on the shore, to sit in the silent darkness of the early morning hours and to watch God paint a breath taking sunrise. It was there among the grains of sand and the endless horizon that I was reminded just how small I am, and how big my God is. It was there that I could clear my head and stand before His creation in awe of His brilliance. And it was there, along the water’s edge and before a quiet heart that I heard His voice, felt His peace and leaned into His arms.

I have been hanging out in the book of Hosea recently. A book that has been helping me see and to understand this unending love that God has for us . . .for me. Chapter 6 grabbed a hold of me on the shores on North Carolina, and today still will not let go . . .

"Come, let us return to the LORD.
...he will heal us;
...he will bind up our wounds . . .

...he will revive us...
...he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.
Let us acknowledge the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge him.

As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth....

...also for you . . . a harvest is appointed..."

In the waiting, in the seeking, in the learning, in the doubts and questions, in the work of digging ditches, planting seeds and carrying out this faith, He reminded me. . . "also for you . . . a harvest is appointed."( Hosea 6:11a)

In His appointed time . . . .

As tears escaped from my eyes, as the sun peaked over the horizon, and as I envisioned Him embracing me with His arms of grace, I realized . . .

He has heard my inner most cries. He has seen past the facade that I am learning to shed. He is breaking through years of lies, hurts, mistrust and He is not ceasing on showing me His faithfulness, and His desire to lead me beside the still waters that cultivate abundant life. He has been planting and healing and working in my life, in my mess . . .and He is opening up my eyes to a portion of the harvest that is coming, that is starting to poke through.

I know that in my surrender, in my searching for Him and following wherever He leads, there will be times of waiting on His appointing, waiting for that harvest ... but looking back on what He has done and seeing the field He has me standing in right now . . .I am confident in this--He is faithful.

Monday morning, as I drove into work I heard the song, Faithful is Our God by Hezekiah Walker & LFC, I haven't stopped listening to it since.


Faithful, faithful, faithful is our God
Faithful, faithful, faithful is our God
Faithful, faithful, faithful is our God
Faithful, faithful, faithful is our God

I'm reaping the harvest God promised me
Take back what the devil stole from me
And I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all
Yes, I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all

Holy, holy, holy is our God
Holy, holy, holy is our God
Holy, holy, holy is our God
Holy, holy, holy is our God

I'm reaping the harvest God promised me
Take back what the devil stole from me
And I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all
Yes, I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus is our God
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus is our God
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus is our God
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus is our God

I'm reaping the harvest God promised me
Take back what the devil stole from me
And I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all
Yes, I rejoice today, for I shall recover it all

In closing, I am grateful for a God who hears me, a God who loves me, a God who calls me into His presence, and a God who speaks to me. I am thankful for His faithfulness and for the blessings He showers over my life. I am reaping the harvest He has promised me. I am taking back what the devil stole from me. And today and every day I am rejoicing, for I shall recover it all.

To Him be all the glory. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment