Tuesday, November 22, 2011

As we head into the holiday season, it's easy (for me anyway) to get lost in the hustle and bustle. Planning all the travels and the logistics of when and where can easily become the focus. With that in mind, I have intentionally carved out some time to remember this past year . . . to remember God's faithfulness, the blessings, the laughter, the tears, the heartache, the growth--and to be thankful for it all.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have stretched my faith, that have brought me to my knees and that have broken me. I am thankful for the people in my life, the ones who listen, offer wisdom, the ones to laugh with, and cry with. The ones to hug tightly and kiss good night. I am thankful for the chance to love those who have forgotten what love feels like, for the chance to fill an empty belly, and for the chance to point people to the hope found in Jesus Christ. I am thankful for life, an abundant life. I am thankful for lonely nights that have deepened my relationship with the one who never leaves my side. I am thankful for a great job, insurance test, a home on the lake, a dependable car, a church that doesn't pretend to be perfect, and a family whose humor and sarcasm cannot be matched (it is how we roll!) I am thankful for friends who can cook a mean spaghetti dinner and invite me over to break bread. I am thankful for impromptu cards of appreciation, cups of coffee, photo booth fun in the middle of a busy store and you tube videos posted on FB.

The list is endless.

Sunday's message inspired the picture below. I am grateful for a year that started in the midst of uncertainty, filled with anxiety and covered in fear that has become a beautiful place of overwhelming peace, unspeakable joy and an unshakeable faith.
My year in a very small nutshell:

No comments:

Post a Comment