Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Do you ever think the little hiccups along life's road are God's way of getting our attention?

It's been a whirlwind of an adventure for me these past few weeks.

A ministry that I am passionate about is off the ground and running. It's awesome. It's fun. I am meeting new people weekly. They are changing me and in return I hope I am doing the same. It's fulfilling. Yet, I did not anticipate how much work it would truly entail, how tiresome it would be, or how overwhelming it has been at times.

There's been a lot of conflict recently. Most of it is healthy--learning how to be a leader and leading different types of folks. Learning about my weakness and hearing constructive criticism. There's been inner conflict too. Between continuing to let go of the old and to keep moving with the new. And recently, I've had my dose of relational conflict.

I have started battling migraines. Watching my mom suffer from them as a child, I was thankful I never had the burden. But they've kicked my butt this past month or so and I am still learning how to manage them. Lately, I have become aware of just how out of shape I am. I really need to shed some a lot of pounds and change some patterns.Weight is something I have always struggled with. It's hard for me to admit. But it's true and there it is.

And then life just happens. Last week my car would not start. And this morning a deer wanted to give me an up close and personal snap shot. (I am the only one who made it out of that encounter unscathed).

Really in the scheme of things, nothing listed above is life altering. But, today, it has slowed me down. Perhaps I am missing something? There is no rental car available until tomorrow morning, so … for today, a lot of thinking, a lot of praying, and a lot of seeking!

No comments:

Post a Comment