Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- Bread, Apples, Jars of peanut butter and jelly and over 200 bottles of water
- Psalm 46:10
- Andrew Peterson
- 1000 Ways to Die
- The example of selfless faith (Jeanette Brannan, Jackie Heberle, Tony Tomandl, Sandy Blackwell and many many others)
- Kayaking trips
- Mandy James and the beautiful words she shared on Sunday. She could not have painted a clearer picture of what God was doing in the lives of not only the Roma people, but those who went and served. Powerful.
- Having the time tonight to tackle another letter or two on my overzealous wall decor project
- The words of a gorgerous song that could not have come at a more perfect time in my life . . .
My hands, they rise
To praise You and the truth You say is mine
That I am claimed, made whole in the name of Your sacrifice
And You love me, You love me
No matter how far I run
I can always find You
You're with me
No matter how hard I try to fight You
You say that You heal broken things
But what if i can still feel my heart breaking
- Philippians 2:12-13
- Getting to visit Elevation Church in NC in 2 weeks
- One extremely overfilled grateful heart!!!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
As I sit here, in a comfortable office, trying to get focused and tackle the tasks laid out before me, I find myself distracted. I am utterly thankful for my job. I am not sure there is a better corporate company out there to work for, I am sure that we house the most kind and professional folks, and I know there is no greater position that suits the math geek side of me. I feel as excited and happy to be a part of this team as I did on day one as I do on day three hundred and seventy two. I’m grateful.
Tonight, I will lay my head on a warm cozy bed; in an absolutely perfect home that I feel was made just for me. I will be surrounded by amazing neighbors, a sense of safety and the peaceful sounds of soothing water. I’m thankful.
This week, I have had the privilege of carving out time to spend with family and with friends. Family that has overcome challenges yet are able to celebrate and laugh over a much too short of a visit. Friends that I have lost touched with for several months, yet are able pick back up as if no time had passed. Family that just knows how to pack full a day of new adventures and lasting memories. Friends that give of themselves honestly and challenge me to become better. I ‘m blessed.
The people I work with, the neighbors I live by, the family and friends I share my life with have changed me. They have left lasting impressions on my life. Good or bad, they have had a role in my transformation.
This morning I’ve been inundated with playbacks of the last year, and am attentive to the impressions my life has left. I’ve been reminded of conversations and random acts of kindness that bring smiles. I’ve been weighted down with regrets and sadness for poor choices. I’ve been overwhelmed how the worst of me, is often, overcome by the best of who my God is!
Today, I am sitting with the weight of forgiveness, of grace, of being human, of a God who loves unconditional, and who desires to use me for His good, if I am willing.