Thursday, March 31, 2011

With God and Starbucks all things are possible :)


I mentioned not too long ago that I am an all or nothing kid. I am not always good at balance and I can tend to stretch myself thin. I would like to say that I am learning, but if that were true, than I would have to be honest and say that I am an extremely slow learner. This week is one of those weeks, I am laying it all out there. And today . . .I’m tired. I’m hoping that this 45 minute break between jobs (and some Starbucks) will reenergize me, give me the “umph” to give the last 110% I have for 3 more working hours. I’m finding rest in Isaiah 40:31, “But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.” I know He is just waiting to breath that burst of “go get ‘em” into me---He always does, and that makes me smile.


This weekend will be a rather busy one as well---but maybe sleep is not the only thing that energizes! Friday, after work, I will be heading out to Powhatan with some of my favorite people, to support, to be entertained and to be well fed by what I know will be an amazing Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre. I’m excited to see fruits of the folks who have poured out time, resources and energy to help make their trip to Macedonia this summer happen. Saturday, will be filled with family--family, that sadly I don’t get to see as often as I would like. I know that without a doubt there will be tons of laughter, tons of love and tons of life. I can’t wait. Sunday, I will be back “home” at Westchester. I will be back with my family, to stop our busy lives for a little bit, come before the our Living God and worship.


Life is busy, I get tired, and there is a lot of uncertainty to come, but my heart is filled, I am content, my God is in control and He is all I need. . .and that makes me smile--AND gives me engery! J

No comments:

Post a Comment